Wednesday, February 15, 2012

God's will

for the first time in my life, i feel that i was submitting to God's will.

these few weeks have been trying. having bad mood swings, had drunk days and had ranted to anyone who would listen. after some time, all those stopped working, pain and loneliness became my constant companion even when friends or family are around.

since it happened, i have read the bible more regularly and praying more regularly. on top of that, i would occasionally find a passage especially interesting and read up more on them, and then think about what it meant to me in my life now. so all in all, i have grown closer to God and know the bible better. even though this is my 3rd reading of the NT, it is not surprising that i still find many passages fresh and  intriguing. i guess it also helps that i am reading in KJV and ESV side by side. by doing this, i have found that some passages in the ESV do not really reflect the KJV translations, then it will bring me to read up on it and find out what the passages mean if directly translated from Hebrew. and i must say, it is very interesting. while i am no scholar, i do learn more and now i can say, i am glad i did all these.

to those who are serious about learning about God's will, i suggest reading a few versions of the bible and then try to find the Hebrew translation of the passage. it will give more insight to the translations, their times and lifestyle and concerns of the age, as well as the direct meaning of the Hebrew text. then it would be up to us to make the links for the passages into our lives. i feel like i am trying to decipher what the gospel writers are trying to say and what the different translations mean, and i must say, it is very nice to be reading something and find that the meaning is no longer obscure.

while i find it interesting and enriching, i must also caution that not every translation and attempts to understand the Bible will result in finding a passage that you find to your liking. some were of course, cautionary advise, as to how to be living in Christ and how not to. then there are those that totally seem to be telling you to turn back from your ways. in some of the passages, i find that that passage seems to be rebuking me for what i had done wrong in the past.

through all these readings and prayers, i have felt myself change. my thought pathway have changed. my daily routine have changed. my vision of myself have changed. i know there will be sometimes where i will backslide, but as much as i can, with all my strength and all my mind, i will love God.

loving God, having faith in the resurrection, believing in the gospel is life changing. i felt a small measure of that when i first converted, and now i feel it stronger.

Jesus did not die so that we can live in sin. He died and rose so that we may die in our sinful ways and live life cleansed from sin.

the gospel does not tell us that we will be happy, rich or otherwise abundant in this life. in fact it tells of hardship if we are to follow Christ. it merely presents that if we do the will of our God, we will be able to arise and abide in His glory forever.

loving God, means knowing His will, doing them and trusting that it's best for us. i have struggled with this. a lot. now i hope i have began to trust in Him more and more, that i may act to glorify His name.

He knows my desires, my wants and my needs, and i trust that He will give me what i need, and give me my desires if He sees fit. it is not easy for me to make myself feel this way. there is a measure of emptiness, of despair and hopelessness, because you give up the control over your own desires. in return i have felt, peace and contentment.

while i want it, God will give it to me, if it is His will. it may not be now, may not be ever. if it is never, His will be done. He is with me in all my pain, my empty days and night and He is with me through my triumph.

it is easy to be angry at God when we are down and hurt. and it is easy to forget about God in the moments of our achievements.

at all times and all place, let us sing praise to the Lord. when we put God first, love Him the most, then we find peace and purpose, like never before.

Mat 6:31Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
Mat 6:32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
Mat 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

No comments: