Sunday, June 19, 2005

father's day

seldom do we celebrate our relationship with our father.

cause he is always busy..earning our daily bread and or playing golf or fishing..=) i almost never said nice things about my dad. but today i feel i must.

when i was young..he taught me by example. to try things on our own and know the dangers. always be careful and yet daring.
he let me drink a dark colored drink. which was stout. i thought was coke. bleah!!
he would disappear at times on fishing trips and come back..his boat sometimes get's blown off course and such..scary for my mom i'd bet. but..kinda cool!!
he would explore new market to go into..doing all kinds of weird things at his factory. and bringing back strange artifacts!!!

then as i grew older he let me have what i wanted with only words of caution that things that i have are material and i must find something i want to do. never did he deny me money or anything he could afford.
50 per week for secondary school is really overkill. and computer and books and games and what have i.
he let me shoot without stressing me about studies..it's lucky that i 'woke' up after doing badly in sec 2.
computer on new year's eve! my first and i broke it in a day..then i learned to cherish things i have more..

again as i got older still, he let me do anything i wanted. only telling me that what i do i must be responsible for it. in the end it will come back to me.
when taking Os i started working in oct. one month before Os. then my poly course.
then my decision to be a full time archer/coach. my choice of friends, lifestyle at that time.

and right now..he tries hard to do what he can for our family. working as so many things. helping people still. won't s@@ him home till late at night..either working extra or helping friends out.
he also caution me to chose friends carefully and never make enemies. if anything bad happen..try to make it better. not by giving in..but by reaching out to s@@ the needs of others.

though he can do himself a favor by quitting drinking and smoking..i know it is not as easy as just me saying it. but i know he does what he can for us.
sometimes he'll buy things for us that we don't really need, thinking it's what we want..even though money is tight for him. not his fault..and it's quite funny. when you get home after a long day and find something on your desk that your dad bought..

i know he won't read it here. but i am going to say it to him when i s@@ him later.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!
i love my dad..even though i know he's stubborn and an old timer..just like me..!!

No comments: