Tuesday, April 03, 2012

becoming fully me

i got the title from one of my lecturer while doing my diploma. it is apt. for religious persons and otherwise.

most people believe in the potential that we can be better someways, many ways, or even all ways. in our own belief system, we have to decide, which way to grow and be better. be more complete. more perfect. yet, we all know, we cannot be perfect. we can only try, and be happy with the attempt and ourselves as it may be.

i think i am becoming who i envision myself to be. the path i am taking changed abit, but i am forging forward and i can see my targets clearer and the road to attain them seem more concrete now, more than ever. my personal goals are driving me forward and i think that is good. all the while though, i have this feeling within me, that gnaws at me.

it is futile. it is pointless. these things do not make for a happy life. they can help, they can secure and they are necessary in this world, but they are not happiness. without them, it is even harder to be happy. or is it easier?

i am broken inside. while, on the outside, i stand taller. this is not becoming fully me.

No comments: